I want to share with you two BIG tips that should help you sharpen your niche significantly.
Tip 1: Find a rock star in your industry
Tip 2: Watch the Simon Sinek video included in this email and do some serious thinking
Let me give you a little more detail about both of these and why they work so well.
Tip #1: Find a rock star in your industry
Find competitors in your industry that are succeeding well. Here is why you should be watching and learning from them.
- They have spent a lot of time and money learning what works in their industry. You can save yourself a lot of time and money by watching what they do carefully, so you don’t have to go through the same lengthy learning process. You can leap frog over obstacles by watching what works.
- Check out their website. Sign up for their newsletter if they have one. Observe how they message their business. What problems do they talk about to their prospective clients? What results do they deliver? How do they package and price their offerings? Who are they selling to? What else can you learn?
- What would you like to model in your own business?
- Don’t be intimidated by the competition. This is proof that there is a market for what you are selling! Just be determined to be better than they are.
- Warning – do be 100% sure they are successful. They should have been around for many years and have plenty of evidence of many clients. You don’t want to model a failure!
Note: If nobody is doing anything like you, understand you may have a high risk business, because it does not have proof of concept in the world yet, and it will remain high risk until you have a critical mass of sales to prove its value. This may not be an issue, but it does mean the outcome is unknown. If this is you, clearly the tip above will not apply to you.
Tip #2: Get inspired by this Simon Sinek video
This video will help you get in touch with WHY you do what you do. And this is very compelling to your prospective clients.
Here is what happened when our founder Tommi Wolfe watched this video. It took her a few weeks of pondering why she did what she did. Her story and messaging about why she does what she does went from:
BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEO:
I love helping people start and grow businesses and I am good at it
AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO:
Losing a husband young in life made me really conscious of not taking what we have for granted. We need to fully value and use our gifts and our time on this planet. I love helping people fulfill their dream of becoming all they can be, and not living life by playing it safe and idling.
Which one resonates more with you? See why I want to share this video with you?
Click here to watch the video. Enjoy!